Offering Gift Cards- Great Service, But Make Sure You're Legal!

I'm in NY and I need to make sure I do the following when offering gift cards: 
  • Expiration dates and any fees that will be charged along with other terms and conditions must be clearly and conspicuously stated on the card, package, or accompanying printed document. 
  • No dormancy fee before 13th month of inactivity. 
  • Does not cover cards usable at multiple unaffiliated merchants. 
  • Does not cover prepaid calling cards or and cards linked to deposit accounts 

I offer personal gift cards for two reasons:
1- I onboraded before they offered the LuLaRoe branded gift cards and already had all of the supplies.
2. The LuLaRoe branded gift cards cannot be sold in NY because of our state laws, so while I can accept them as payment my primary customer base is in NY and they can't purchase them. 

Comments

Popular Posts