How did I discover LuLaRoe?

A former coworker of mine hosted an online pop-up party. I had heard coworkers discussing the leggings and how they were ‘the best pants ever’, so I RSVP’d with a hard YES. I was going to get a pair of butter pants and see what all the fuss was about!
The night of the party arrived and I was in sweatpants, no bra, messy bun with a bowl of popcorn and glass of wine. ON MY COUCH.  Shopping. Now, that isn’t necessarily a strange occurrence- I online shop like it’s another full time job. My mailman UPS and Fed-ex drivers all make fun of me for the number of packages they deliver! But the difference here is that I knew my friend was going to get discounted or free stuff by me shopping- that’s awesome! I’m a friend that always orders to help support my friends or their kids (hello candy and popcorn orders!)- in fact I’ve got a Pampered Chef party coming up that I’ll have to drive 2 hours one way to go to. This online shopping experience trumped any other vendor party I’d been a part of for sure.
I ordered one pair of leggings at my friend’s party (I felt the clothes were a little pricey and just wanted to test the waters) and joined the consultants Facebook group. Before I had even gotten the first pair of leggings I had ordered another from the group page- the pattern was irresistible! I got both about the same time and immediately tried them on. The first pair I tried on was really difficult to get on- they were tall & curvy, and I’m in the middle of the size range for them. I could barely get them over my fat calves and I was in tears- was I really fatter than I thought? Yeah, stellar introduction. I finally got them on and they were sort of comfortable, but I was so upset that I took them off immediately.
Then I tried the second pair. Totally different story- easy to get on, even extra room! They were beautiful and I felt beautiful- which was a huge deal considering I had just been in tears over another pair not fitting. When I went downstairs to show my husband, his reaction to how my butt looked in the pants made me feel even better about myself. I have huge thighs- that’s where I carry most of my extra weight- so I would never have considered going out in public wearing something as tight as leggings. But in that pair of LuLaRoe butter pants, I went out in public immediately- to my local grocery store no less. And I felt so frickin’ confident! I needed more of these magic pants and I needed them ASAP.
Our household budget was a little tight- my husband’s a union man and there wasn’t work at the time, plus our puppy had wiped out my savings with a health scare- so I couldn’t really afford to be buying too many LuLaRoe items. Instead I joined a few legging loops (10 or more consultants team up to grow their groups and each give away a pair of leggings, one lucky winner will get a pair from each consultant) in an attempt to maybe win some instead. And when I say a few legging loops, I did like 4 or 5- which meant all of a sudden I was in 30+ LuLaRoe groups, constantly seeing new patterns and styles- dangerous when I already didn’t have the budget to buy!
More and more I started paying attention to how each consultant advertised, did giveaways and posted updates. More and more I found myself saying, I would do that so differently. So I contacted the hostess of my friend’s party and said I wanted more information about joining as a consultant. She sent me several emails with details- this could be overwhelming to some people at first- and when I saw what consultants paid for pieces at wholesale I knew I needed to do this. There is significant profit to be made as a consultant and now that I knew the difference I could not bring myself to pay retail for these items.
I sent a whole bunch of questions, read the Policies & Procedures document in its entirety 3 times and had everything prepped to discuss with my husband. Surprisingly enough, he didn’t need the presentation I had prepared- I was going to run through all the numbers, where I wanted to be at after 3 months and so on. He simply said, “It seems like something you really want to do so go ahead”. So I did! I submitted my paperwork and am (impatiently) waiting in the queue to onboard.

That’s it- 2 pieces of LuLaRoe, still the only ones I own, and I made the decision. So many women share that the skirts and dresses make them feel just as confident, and I fully believe them. I wasn’t going to wait to have the money for a few more pieces before signing up-  I cannot wait to share these magical clothes with everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts