Why You Need To Prepare In The Queue

If you've read my previous blog posts (please do! I hope you find them helpful!) you may have read this one: Top 5 Things To Do Every Day To Move Your Business Forward- While In The Queue. Yes- I am still continuing to do these things. And I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that while you don't have to do every item on my list (maybe you have your own) and you don't even have to do them every day (it's your business- run it your way)- it is important to at least do something each day while in the queue.
I stumbled upon this consultant's YouTube page, Emily Meyer. She was very honest and talks about how she did not prepare as she should have while in the queue. She puts herself  out there completely for all to see and learn from what she realizes are mistakes- so that others can do things differently.
Check the video out here:


Emily calls this a 'frank discussion'. And it is. She is 100% honest about how she prepared (or didn't) and why she would do it differently the next time. That's my favorite part of the video- where she says, "If I could do it over again, I would ______"- there's the best learning opportunity for us right there!
Now I have to admit, as I was watching I was a little stunned- I found it hard to believe that someone sent in their paperwork and then didn't really prepare. Yes, there were moments that I judged- not very nice of me, but I did. I doubt you are surprised at my reaction- I have a checklist for each day and work my business any chance I get, even while still in the queue. Can't imagine being ready to on-board without having done all of my prep stuff already!
BUT- I watched the entire video and saw that despite having done little preparation, she is still pushing ahead and growing her business. I really admire her for this and some of what she said was food for thought for me.
I wanted to share this with everyone as an extra reminder that you do need to work your business before you even get your on-boarding call- preparation is key and if you don't prepare ahead of time you may regret it like Emily did.

*Please remember that my list of things I do each day are suggestions for others- everyone works their business differently, has different things going on in their day-to-day lives. I just really want to stress the importance of doing something each day, be it little or big.*

Comments

Popular Posts