Why do I want to sell LuLaRoe?

A big component of being a LuLaRoe consultant that the company pushes is having a solid ‘why’. Why do you want to do this? Why do you want to take on this work, taking you away from family time and free time?
Their reasoning behind this is solid- this is difficult work and you will struggle at times. If you don’t have a solid “Why” that you can use to remind yourself why you are up until the wee hours of the night instead of cuddled next to your hubby, you won’t keep going. You’ll get frustrated and give up.
A lot of people have wonderful ‘why’s- they want better things for their kids, they are stay at home moms and want to contribute to the family finances,etc.
My why is not wonderful- it’s ultimately selfish- I want to contribute to our family’s finances more. I work full time outside of the home already- I make good money with fantastic benefits. We don’t have any human children, just fur babies. But we own a house that needs a lot of work, my husband has a car buying addiction and some months I find it difficult to have wiggle room to get a new book or a trip to Marshall's. I’m not asking to be lotto rich (lottery angels, I certainly wouldn’t complain if I was!), but I would like enough wiggle room in my budget to save for retirement, donate to charities, improve my home and have enough left over to spoil my husband, fur babies and myself consistently. That’s my ultimate driving goal- I want another stream of income. I know I am blessed already, but I want the freedom to share blessings with others and still be more than comfortable financially.
Is there more to it? Yes- I really do think these clothes have a magic quality to them. They are comfortable clothes but still CUTE clothes. Sure, sweatpants are comfortable too- but no one is telling you your sweatpants are so cute, they love the pattern and they have to know where you got them. I’m a comfort shopper- if I don’t feel comfortable in something I won’t wear it and therefore won’t buy it. But comfortable clothes don’t always make me feel beautiful- LuLaRoe does. And I want to be part of spreading knowledge of LuLaRoe’s existence and confidence boosting clothing to other women. This will be the “why” I share- the one that doesn’t make me seem totally selfish. This will be the “why” that motivates me to approach someone in public and offer them a freebie, telling them about LuLaRoe. The “why” that motivates me to have in-home pop-ups and offer style advice.
Still, the “why” that will keep me motivated late into the night, pounding caffeine in the morning, missing out on family time will be the extra income.

Why am I sharing something that almost seems ‘taboo’? Because I feel guilty for this being my base ‘why’- and I shouldn’t, it’s the truth. I am motivated by ‘things’- knowing I can set aside money to create a fun charity gift basket or knowing I’m so close to being able to buy a bread maker is going to keep me going. I know this about myself and while others will see it as a flaw, I feel like if it keeps me motivated to hit my goals it’s okay. 
I wanted to share this here because I don’t want other potential consultants or fellow quebies to feel guilty for including money in their “why”. I read so many blog posts and watched so many videos where everyone had these fantastic, touching 'why's- but realistically not everyone has that. Don't worry if you don't! Know yourself and what will keep you going, write it down and use it to motivate you in your low moments.

Comments

Popular Posts