Planning Pop-Ups: Calendar for In-Homes

Its really important to keep yourself organized as a consultant, with all the different party dates. In-home, online, vendor events, multi-consultant sales, inventory ordering and delivery dates- the list goes on and on! So a planner is an absolute must- especially to keep your personal/family life organized now that you have LuLaRoe to take up time too.
So imagine this scenario: you're at an in-home pop up, a customer wants to book a party. Yay! So you pull out your planner to talk dates. They want to book Monday the 23rd at their home 6-8pm. You flip to that page in your planner and the spot is all taken with "Jodie- Dr @ 9am", "Pick up dog food", "Order for Marie's party", etc. etc. Not only is that customer now seeing all of your personal things but you look too busy to have their party because there's no spot to put their name, address, party time and what their favorite style is.
I have my regular day planner for personal and LuLaRoe business planning and then I have a monthly calendar for the customer's viewing. I got this one in particular:
AT-A-GLANCE Wall Calendar 2017, Monthly, 11 x 8-1/2", Mini, Wirebound, Monique (W178-170)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E5T6SWA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This gives me my entire month view, with lines on each date to keep it looking neat (presentation is everything! You are a business- present yourself as one!). Having a wirebound, full year edition is great too in case they want to book a month or two out and you might have only brought a printout of your January- how do you know for sure you're available on the date they want if you don't have that month ready? You want to avoid rescheduling on a hostess because it gives them the opportunity to cancel the party entirely, which you obviously don't want!
I make sure this copy of my schedule is updated before every event so that I know for sure I can do a certain date.
To make sure the calendar stays neat, no jammed pages or corners, I close it up before it goes back in my bag and have a post-it flag on the current month- makes it easy to open up to the right date when I need to.

Comments

Popular Posts