LuLaRoe- Workhorse Computer

When I decided to sign up to be a consultant, I had a smartphone (necessary evil for sure! But that's another post) and a desktop computer. My desktop computer was a convertible, it was basically a giant tablet that I could take off the desktop stand and use anywhere. Which was great, because with all this work I didn't want to be tied to a desk at home too (I work a desk day job ~12 hours a day).
And then I realized I should have something for vendor events, to sign people up for my email list right then and there instead of trying to interpret their handwriting on a list and get my butt together for actually entering the emails. Plus it would be nice to actually check people out at in-homes and events through BLESS and not using PayPal as a backup (acceptable but then I had to go in and run everything as a cash sale- again, more work).
I also realized that my lunch hour at work could be way more productive, leaving me time to read or play video games or actually spend time with my husband during the week. And social media isn't blocked on the wi-fi signal at my day job, just on our desktops, so I could actually invoice and schedule social media posts during lunch if I had a desktop. Or place orders!
*please note all of this deciding happened in Dec 2016, before they announced that the new BLESS was only going to work on Apple products. We'll probably be waiting a while before they get a desktop site up and running, or an Android app*
My husband actually purchased this fancy little convertible laptop for me for Christmas and it has been fantastic!
 It's convertible, meaning the screen detatches from the keyboard and can be used as a tablet. Love this thing!
The battery life is super long, which is actually a bad thing- there have been quite a few days where I take it out on lunch and realize that I only have 20 minutes of battery because I haven't charged it in 3 days! I've gotten quick at banging out some social media post planning (Thank God for CinchShare!) so I can still get a few days worth done in 20 minutes :)
Here are the specs for it, and the price we paid before rewards points at Best Buy:


Am I a little annoyed that 2 months later they announced everyone should go buy an Apple product to make their business easier and compliant? Yeah, but I don't like Apple products in general- personal preference- and my husband HATES them. No way would he buy one for me! This is working for me and they haven't shut off old BLESS yet, knowing there are plenty of people still working on it. But this has been a great solution for all of the little business pains that I was making work with what I had- it has definitely made me more productive! For someone working a full time job, someone who NEEDS personal time for her mental health and took on LuLaRoe (I know, I'm crazy!) this was a must have.

Comments

Popular Posts